Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sewvivor- Piece At Last- Rachel






My cargo duffle bag is my audition piece for Sew-vivor Season 3: Quilter's Edition.  I love this bag so much, and thoroughly enjoyed making it.  While it's not a quick make, I learned so much about construction during the process.  I used a favorite Tula Pink print (Acacia Arrowheads) for the main body, Essex yarn-dyed linen in black for the bottom panels and gussets and handles, some Pearl Bracelets for the pockets, and Kona Coral for the accent color on the handle, inside pockets, and main lining.

This was only my second quilted bag (the first being a tote style bag) that I've ever made.  And that welted pocket in the lining was a first for me.  I love how this bag challenged me!

I hope I make it as a contestant on Sew-vivor!  I've got so many ideas swimming in my head for the announced challenges.  Good thing I just learned how to make and sew hexies two weeks ago :)



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely looove this, love it!!! The colours you have chosen together are amazing, love the orange on the inside of the handles and the black zipper too - so much fun in this bag!

    ReplyDelete