Friday, November 15, 2013

Maple Leaf Runner

I was seeing too many maple leaf quilt projects online and had the itch to make them.  I used the modern maples free pattern for making the maple blocks since I wanted them 12" finished and I could eliminate the math and make the project go quicker.

I had originally planned to make 6 maple leafs and put them in a 2x3 layout, but it was just too much for a table runner.  So I used 3 of the 6 I made, and added the 1.25" (finished) sashing all around.  It gave the leaves some much needed breathing room!

This was a commissioned piece.  When finishing the binding I realized I still don't have quilt labels for when I make commissioned projects.  With gifts I like to embroider a big label on the back, but it doesn't feel right for pieces I am selling.  On the lookout now for great labels!

Also... linking up with Finish It Up Friday!