Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival- ROYGBIV Entry



Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog.  My name is Rachel and I am a stay at home mom of two littles and I keep my sanity through quilting!  This is my second time joining the Bloggers Quilt Festival and I am happy to share my entry into the ROYGBIV category.  

This mini quilt finished at 22" square, using 2.5" cut squares.  The colored fabrics were all from my scrap bin and I chose the "how to make a pillowcase" text fabric for the background.  This is the mini I gifted for the second round of the Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap.  Below I'm sharing some *never before seen* (and for good reason!) iPhone "in progress" photos of the quilt in hopes it'll illustrate  how I made it.  The quilt is based on the pattern "Supernova" from the book Quilting Modern.


(1) I cut out all the main "base" squares.

(2) I started stitching orange scraps onto base squres that surrounded the middle red square

(3) Kept moving outwards to keep track of what color should be added to which base square

(4) added pink and purples to the outside negative space.



AmysCreativeSide.com

3 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful piece! and fascinating to see how you created it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting design. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - it would make me happy to look at it!

    ReplyDelete